Martial Arts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students and teachers of all martial arts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

2 months ago I went to Muay Thai training session. I forgot my bandages and went on training. After the session I felt a little bit of pain in my wrist. The next day I had BJJ training. Everything went fine till the next morning, the pain in my wrist increased.

I can still feel the pain today. Would postponing the training sessions help? What do you recommend?

Kindly yours

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by David H. Clements Dec 5 '12 at 16:47

Questions on Martial Arts Stack Exchange are expected to relate to martial arts within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I'm not pro medical but my metacarpals injury lasted for 3 months (I didn't postpone sessions). – teodozjan Dec 5 '12 at 11:05
You haven't described the pain. – slugster Dec 5 '12 at 11:47
If I turn with my wrist I can feel it. I can't do push ups because the pain is really annoying. I feel pain when there is pressure on my wrist. I hope this is enough. – I See Sharp Dec 5 '12 at 12:45
I'm not sure that this question belongs in MA:SE. You're asking for medical advice, not the advice of an experienced martial artist. You may wish to consider revising the question to highlight martial arts (for example, "What BJJ techniques will not strain my metatarsals?", or "How can I adapt my BJJ training to compensate for an injured wrist?"). – Mark C. Wallace Dec 5 '12 at 14:24
Lets see, a few months ago I suffered an injury. It hasn't healed and is impacting my training negatively. What should I do? I know, I'll ask the intertubes! Go to a doctor and get it checked already. – JohnP Dec 5 '12 at 15:06
up vote 2 down vote accepted

I recommend you go to see either a doctor or a physiotherapist.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.