Several Irish weapons-based martial arts were recently brought to my attention (through the writings of John Hurley):
- Scianóireacht - knife arts
- Tuadóireacht - various forms of axe-fighting
- Corránóireacht - sickle fighting
- Spealadóireacht - scythe fighting
- Súisteáil - flail fighting
I'm somewhat familiar with the more common shillelagh style (aka Irish stick fighting), but these others are unknown to me. A survey of medieval fighting style resources and other sources familiar to me came up empty. Are there any reliable sources of information (manuals, transcriptions of oral traditions or living practitioners) on any of these old, weapons-based Irish martial arts?