Due to intensive training in the past few weeks, I injured my knee with the jumpers knee condition. For the first few weeks I have to rest and do nothing but after that I would like to start training again (which includes kicking and grappling).

What kind of knee band/brace should I opt for so I have optimal protection without much limitation?

  • 3
    Did your doctor recommend a knee brace? This comes very close to medical recommendation. Commented Dec 22, 2012 at 15:32
  • 1
    Yes, my physiotherapist said I could go for a knee band or a knee brace specially made for the jumpers knee. He didn't actuallly recommended one in specific. I can find both on the market but I wondered which suits best for fighting sports.
    – Bart Burg
    Commented Dec 22, 2012 at 17:26

1 Answer 1


After consulting the physiotherapist, I went for the PSB Patella knee strap and it feels like the right choice. It keeps my kneecap (patella) in place and it makes sure I will not get full tension on my without feeling restrictive at all and it wasn't that expensive.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.