Trying to remember the name of a kempo style I did as a child.
- It had the 7 star blocking pattern as a white belt sequence.
- It was a five animal (tiger, leopard, crane, snake, dragon) style. Each animal was associated with a range of belts. For example, tiger was associated with white through (i believe) orange.
- One of the yellow belt sequences was "Tiger Vs. The Clock".
- The salute involved raising the hands above the head and forming a triangle with the forefingers and thumb.
- It was, in fact, spelled Kempo rather than Kenpo.
I don't think it was Villari's Shaolin Kempo Karate. This is for a couple of reasons:
- I don't think Karate was in the name of the style (could be wrong)
- Nor do I think Shaolin was in the name of the style (could be wrong), though pains were taken to associate the origin of the style with the Shaolin temple.
- I am fairly certain the name Villari was not in the name of the style, nor was it ever mentioned.
I'm hoping that the above bullet points will help someone who has practiced the style to identify it based on the content of the curriculum.