I saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR2S0radfzk

And I wondered, what kind of kick is this? so I did some research and I think its a "Tornado Roundhouse Kick", but it doesnt look quite right.

The kid is spinning counter-clockwise into his left side, but ends up kicking with his left foot.

Is it a Tornado Roundhouse Kick or is it something else?

  • Sadly, the video no longer exists. :-( Apr 30, 2020 at 19:42
  • "This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines." :-( Jun 15, 2020 at 13:54

2 Answers 2


It's definitely not a tornado kick (dolgae chagi, 돌개 차기). It has a number of names, Americans tend to use wheel kick, in Korea it's more commonly known as a back whip kick and in the UK we tend to use one of "reverse turning kick" or "back hook kick".


It looks like a spinning wheel kick to me.

  • Yes, I think youre right. Its a spinning wheel kick, with a little extra pre-step.
    – Ace
    Aug 26, 2016 at 20:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.